Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's all good.

Had an anatomy exam today on the abdomen. It went pretty well, I thought. I felt good coming out of it primarily because I feel like I've gotten the hang on the way the course director writes the questions for the written portion of the exam. Seriously, while I'm not 100% sure I answered everything correctly, at least I felt like... yup, I knew the boundaries of the omental foramen were going to be on there, etc., etc. Nothing felt like a surprise, which was a pleasant contrast to the last exam. And he's already posted that we all passed the practical, so good on us. :) I do wish we'd had more time to spend on the material, but... bygones.

Took the night off, watched some old Buffy episodes and drank some wine. Felt rather rebellious. :) Two exams next week (physiology and biochemistry), so will be hitting the books hardcore starting tomorrow, though. My "pseudo" boyfriend is coming into town not this weekend, but the next, so I'm really looking forward to that. We will be attending a medical ethics conference, but at least we'll be together. :) :)

I've recently read a few blogs of some rather disaffected post-med school people. I had all sorts of thoughts about them, but I've thought better about posting them here. Suffice it to say that it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. There are some people who are very dissatisfied with the fact that modern medicine, in large part, treats diseases that have a self-inflicted component to them. Why these physicians choose to blame their unhappiness about that on their patients or on the medical system in general rather than on their own choices in how they react to that fact will always be a little bit of a mystery to me. Then again, I knew what I was in for when I chose this path, so I suppose it is easy for me to be a little prejudicial.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Hey,

    What is it with girls fighting?

    BigMike


    gross-videos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:59 PM

    Looks like you got some ugly spamming on your most recent post, hope it doesn't happen from now on. Check out our new blog with vids and great notes.

    www.thugmed.com

    Just a couple of thugs trying to make it in the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete