Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just a Wednesday.

I spent most of the day getting my things together in preparation for the beginning of my move on Friday. I've been packing intermittently for a while, so it was pretty much just bringing things together from the different rooms they were in and stacking them all up in the living room. I was very disappointed to discover that our basement storage room has become quite moldy over the course of the summer. I wound up tossing a fair amount of things... though I admit that most of them were things I probably should have tossed regardless. (I'm a bit of a pack rat, you see.) I did tell P. (my bf) that he should really put anything he wants to keep down there in those Tupperware containers. Regular cardboard didn't quite cut it.

The current plan is that I'm going to take one carload down on Friday, get the keys, unload that stuff, drive back home. On Saturday morning I'm driving out to my mom's to help my little sister S. move into her dorm at college -- she's going to be a freshman. Then Sunday morning, my mom and I will drive her minivan, + or - my middle sister J., back here, load it up with some of the bulkier things I'm moving, and take that back down again. Then we'll drive back to Mom's house, I'll pick up my car, and drive back here. Depending on how much stuff I can fit, I may or may not make one more trip down during next week. P. will drive me down for my permanent residency :) probably on 9/9. Somewhere in there I'm going to stop at IKEA and buy anything I decide that I'm lacking.

In an unrelated but kinda cool bit of news, I got an email from a lady on ancestry.com. I'm very confused as to exactly how we are related but apparently we are. So that will be fun to sort out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment